Operative & Non-Operative Treatments
Spinal Pain and Fractures
The spine is complex, containing bones, cartilage discs, ligaments and nerves that are all essential to your body’s function. Whether it’s due to an injury or a long-term condition, spinal pain can destroy quality of life and function -- but due to its risks and complexity, many patients seek to avoid back or neck surgery if possible.
Unlike other Orthopedic problems, conditions of the spine can be very serious if neurologic structures (spinal nerves or spinal cord) become compressed. In these cases, surgery is a necessity and sometimes an emergency. For more chronic degenerative conditions and some acute injuries, cellular therapies have been shown to represent an alternative to relieve pain and restore function.
Greyledge Technologies supports spinal specialists in offering the most cutting-edge Regenerative Medicine treatment available to those who are seeking non-operative treatments for spinal injuries and conditions. Made using technology at the forefront of biologic treatment, our and preparations allow your specialist to tailor your therapy to your individual needs. For some patients, cell therapy can offer alternatives to spinal surgery. When applied as standalone treatments, they can offer you a faster, more effective recovery than any other option available in medicine today*.
Greyledge will enable your spinal surgeon and primary care provider to offer you custom support throughout your treatment. Ready to take your life back from spinal pain? Talk to your doctor about Greyledge today, or find a Greyledge-affiliated physician near you.
Platelet Replacement Therapy for Spinal Injuries
PRP Treatments for Chronic Back Pain
Greyledge’s capabilities include creating several types of cutting-edge regenerative preparations for use by spine specialists, including platelet-rich plasma, or PRP. Here’s how the process of creating PRP therapy for brain-spinal cord injuries works:
- Your spinal surgeon, spine specialist or primary care physician will draw whole blood from your body.
- The blood drawn will be separated into 3 layers -- red blood cells, platelet-poor plasma, and a “Buffy Coat” made up of both platelets and white blood cells.
- Our highly-specialized technicians will create a concentrate, balancing all of these elements perfectly to create customized PRP designed to offer the optimal treatment for your spinal injury.
- Greyledge will provide your PRP product to your physician to be reinjected into the affected area of your spine.
PRP stimulates your body’s natural ability to heal bone and soft tissue, allowing for a faster, more effective recovery from spinal injuries, painful conditions, or even spine surgery. Our PRP preparations can help your physician to treat the following:
- Sacroiliac joint treatments
- Treatment for torn back or neck discs
- Treatment for bulging discs
- Treatment for arthritis of facet joints behind the vertebrae
- Treatment of strained ligaments of the spine
- And more.
To learn more about how PRP can help you recover more effectively from debilitating back pain, reach out to us -- we’re happy to discuss our capabilities with you or your spine specialist.
Bone Marrow Concentrate Treatment
Alternative Therapies for Spinal Injuries
Stem cell therapy for spinal cord injuries is a unique process: your own stem cells don’t just serve one predetermined purpose. They exist at a stage in which they can transform into any other type of cell to restore the tissues compromised by your condition, and they can even rally other cells to do the same, coordinating anti-inflammatory and healing pathways.
In this way, bone marrow cellular concentrate (BMC) can offer a non-invasive alternative to traditional treatments for spinal injuries and conditions. Here’s how Greyledge has optimized the preparation of BMC:
- Your treating physician will extract blood from your own bone marrow using a special needle. This blood includes stem cells and many other cell types as well as platelets.
- We’ll take this sample back to our lab, then concentrate the cells into a single preparation customized to your body and your injury.
- The sample will then be reinjected into the affected area of your spine.
The abilities of the stem and progenitor cells found in bone marrow aspirate make BMC extremely valuable in allowing your body to reconstruct damaged bone, cartilage, and other tissues that make up your spine.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will my recovery period take?
Every patient is unique, and while cell therapy can accelerate the healing process for your spine, you’ll need to look to your treating physician for an accurate estimate of your recovery time.
Will I still need physical therapy if I opt for Regenerative Medicine?
Often - Yes. While PRP and BMC can accelerate the healing process, it’s absolutely essential to follow the guidelines of your specialist in order to allow your back to heal appropriately, and restorn any lost muscular strength to help support the treated segment of your spine.
I’m a patient who’s interested in biologic treatment for my back pain. How can I get my doctor involved or find a stem cell injection specialist near me?
Alternatively, you may be able to find a physician who is already utilizing Greyledge and is providing fully-customizable platelet replacement therapy and bone marrow concentrate near you. If you’d like to get started with one of the most innovative biologics companies in the field, today.