Surgical & Non-Surgical Treatment Options
Bone Injuries & Non-Union Fractures
Whether they’re the result of wear and tear, an underlying condition, or a single traumatic event, bone injuries can have devastating effects on your quality of life. Some patients see invasive surgical procedures as the only option for relief, leading to a long, costly recovery that can still leave them with chronic pain and loss of mobility that keeps them from living to the fullest, or even completing daily tasks without difficulty.
Greyledge Technologies supports physicians in offering their patients fully-customized, state-of-the-art cell therapy options that can help them stimulate healing and take back control of their lives. Made using technology at the forefront of biologic treatment, our and preparations allow your provider to know the precise composition of your product and tailor your treatment to your individual needs. When your doctor uses Greyledge, they can provide surgical or non-surgical relief for pain after an orthopedic injury, or apply orthobiologic solutions pre and post-operation to offer you a faster, more effective recovery.
Whatever your needs are as a patient, we’ll support your orthopedic specialist in giving you the relief you deserve. Ready to eliminate your pain? Talk to your doctor about Greyledge today, or find a Greyledge-affiliated orthopedic physician near you.
Cutting-Edge Cell Therapy
Platelet Replacement Therapy for Non-Union Fractures
One of the cutting-edge regenerative tissue therapy preparations your physician can offer from our processing facility is known as platelet-rich plasma, or PRP. Here’s how the process works:
- Your orthopedist will draw whole blood from the area of your injury.
- Your blood will be separated into 3 layers -- red blood cells, platelet-poor plasma, and a “Buffy Coat” made up of platelets and white blood cells.
- We’ll ratio these elements to prepare a customized PRP product that provides the optimal treatment for your specific injury.
- Greyledge will provide your PRP product to your physician to be reinjected into the affected area.
PRP stimulates your body’s natural ability to heal bone and tissues that have been affected by your injury. Some of the most common ways physicians use PRP include:
- Hip fracture treatment in the elderly
- Osteoarthritis related and stress fracture healing
- Non-union fracture treatment where bones fail to heal spontaneously
- Hip, arm, ankle and wrist most commonly
- And more.
To learn more about how PRP can help you recover from your bone injury, reach out to us -- we’re happy to discuss our capabilities with you and your orthopedic specialist.
Bone Marrow Concentrate for Non-Union Fracture Repair
Like PRP, bone marrow cellular concentrate (BMC) can support your physician in offering a more conservative treatment of hip fractures and other serious bone injuries. Here’s how Greyledge has innovated the process of preparing BMC:
- Your treating physician will extract blood from your own bone marrow using a special needle. This blood includes stem cells and many other cell types as well as platelets.
- During this extraction process, your doctor will also take a sample of progenitor cells from your marrow.
- We’ll then concentrate the cells into a single preparation customized to your body and your injury.
- The sample will then be reinjected into your affected area.
Stem cells are unique in the fact that they don’t just serve a single purpose -- they exist at a stage in which they can transform into any other type of cell. Equally as important, they are critical to coordinate the healing process necessary to restore the bone tissue compromised by your injury and rally other cells to do the same. This makes BMC extremely valuable in helping physicians offer surgical and non-surgical treatment for hip fractures and other types of bone injury.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are non-union fractures?
In the case of a non-union fracture, your bone has been unable to heal effectively on its own after an initial fracture.
How can Orthobiologics help during a non-union fracture procedure?
In these cases, cell therapy solutions such as PRP and BMC can help jump-start the healing process and allow your body to more effectively restore your bone.
I’m interested in Orthobiologic treatment for my bone injury. How can I get my doctor involved or find a specialist near me?
Alternatively, you may be able to find a physician who is already utilizing Greyledge and is providing fully-customizable bone marrow concentrate near you. If you’d like to get started with one of the most innovative orthobiologics companies in the field, today.