Surgical & Non-Surgical Orthopedic Treatments
Muscle and Tendon Injuries
Our muscles and tendons are essential. Although these tissues are strong and built to last, the work they do for our bodies can also result in injury. Surgery is sometimes necessary for repair, but in many cases, there are non-invasive alternatives that offer you a chance at real, effective healing.
At Greyledge Technologies, our state-of-the-art cell therapy treatment options can support your orthopedist in offering you surgical and non-surgical muscle, ligament & tendon treatment that can help you eliminate pain, stimulate healing and take back control of your life. Made using technology at the forefront of Orthobiologic treatment, our and preparations allow your physician to tailor your therapy to your individual needs. For some patients, orthobiologics can offer an alternative treatment for torn tendons. When surgery is needed, cell therapy can be applied pre and post-operation, offering you a faster, more effective recovery than any other option available in medicine today.
Whatever your needs are as a patient, Greyledge will help your orthopedic specialist to give you the relief you deserve. Ready to eliminate your pain and receive state-of-the-art treatment for your torn tendon? Talk to your doctor about Greyledge today, or find a Greyledge-affiliated orthopedic physician near you.
PRP Treatments for Tendon Injuries
Platelet-Rich Plasma For Pain Relief
Greyledge’s capabilities include supporting orthopedists with a number of cutting-edge biologic preparations for surgical & non-surgical treatment of of many muscular and tendon injuries, including platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP). Here’s how the process of creating PRP works:
- Your orthopedist will draw whole blood from the area of your injury.
- The blood will be separated into 3 layers -- red blood cells, platelet-poor plasma, and a “Buffy Coat” made up of both platelets and white blood cells.
- Our specialized technicians will ratio these elements to prepare a customized PRP concentrate that provides the optimal treatment for your specific tendon injury.
- Greyledge will provide your PRP product to your physician to be reinjected into the affected area.
PRP treatment stimulates your body’s natural ability to reduce inflammation and help restore the tissues making up the tendon that has been compromised. Some of the most common injuries our products are used to treat include:
- Rotator cuff tears
- Achilles tendon tears
- Tennis and Golfer’s elbow
- Patellar (knee) tendonitis
- Hamstring tendon tears
- And more.
To learn more about how PRP can help you recover more effectively from an injured tendon, reach out to us. We’re happy to discuss our capabilities with you or your orthopedic specialist.
Cell Therapy Treatments for Sports Injuries
Bone Marrow Concentrate for Injured Tendons
Much like platelet-rich plasma, bone marrow concentrate (BMC) can support or offer alternatives to surgical rotator cuff injuries, Achilles tears, and more. Here’s how the optimal process for preparing autologous BMC works:
- Your treating physician will extract blood from your own bone marrow using a special needle. This blood includes stem cells and many other cell types as well as platelets.
- During this extraction process, we’ll also receive a sample of progenitor cells from your marrow.
- We’ll take this sample back to our processing facility, then concentrate the cells into a single preparation customized to your body and your particular ligament injury.
- The sample will then be reinjected into your affected tissues.
Stem cells are unique in the fact that they don’t just serve a single purpose -- they exist at a stage in which they can transform into any other type of cell. Equally as important, they are critical to coordinate the healing process necessary to restore the joint tissue compromised by your injury and rally other cells to do the same. This makes BMC extremely valuable in helping physicians offer ligament & tendon treatment to patients who have been severely injured.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is prolotherapy, and is it related to PRP treatment for tendon injuries?
Prolotherapy involves injecting a sugar-like irritant (dextrose) into an area where a patient is experiencing pain. Like PRP, prolotherapy is known to stimulate healing -- however, unlike PRP, it involves the injection of a completely foreign body into the affected area, as opposed to the patient’s own plasma. Greyledge products contain only autologous (your own) plasma.
Will I still need physical therapy even if I opt for Orthobiologics?
Yes. Physical therapy is essential to the healing process after a muscle or tendon injury, and is typically prescribed in addition to your cell therapy.
I’m a patient who’s interested in orthobiologic treatment for my injured tendon. How can I get my doctor involved or find a stem cell doctor near me?
Alternatively, you may be able to find a physician who is already utilizing Greyledge and is providing fully-customizable PRP and stem cell injection therapy near you. If you’d like to get started with one of the most innovative orthobiologics companies in the field, today.