Heal Your Heart With biologics
A heart condition can affect your entire body, and you’ll need to take action quickly after being diagnosed. But cardiac surgery can be a terrifying prospect, and when bypass surgery is not an option, finding other alternatives to open heart surgery can be just as intimidating. But what if there was a way to harness your body’s own ability to heal in order to restore your heart?
Greyledge supports cardiologists in offering the most cutting-edge cell therapy available to those who are seeking an alternative to bypass surgery and angioplasty, and to those who are looking to support their recovery from cardiac surgery with biologic treatment. Made using technology at the forefront of regenerative medicine, our and preparations allow your cardiologist to tailor your treatment to your individual needs.
Greyledge will enable your cardiologist and primary care provider to offer you custom support for your heart. Ready to take your life back? Talk to your doctor about Greyledge today, or find a Greyledge-partnered cardiologist near you.
PRP Treatment Therapy
Platelet Replacement Therapy for Cardiac Surgery
Greyledge’s capabilities include supporting cardiologists with a number of cutting-edge preparations, including platelet-rich plasma, or PRP. Here’s how the process of creating PRP works:
- Your cardiologist or primary care physician will draw whole blood from your body.
- The blood will be separated into 3 layers -- red blood cells, platelet-poor plasma, and a “Buffy Coat” made up of both platelets and white blood cells.
- Our highly-specialized technicians will create a concentrate, balancing all of these elements perfectly to create customized PRP designed to offer the optimal treatment for your heart and surrounding tissues.
- Greyledge will deliver your PRP product to your physician to be reinjected into the affected area.
PRP stimulates your body’s natural ability to heal. This can be extremely useful in helping your body restore itself following heart surgery, particularly in the process of sternal closure.
To learn more about how PRP can help you recover more effectively from cardiac surgery, reach out to us -- we’re happy to discuss our capabilities with you or your cardiologist.
Bone Marrow Cell Therapy for Cardiac Repair
Stem cells are unique in the fact that they don’t just serve one predetermined purpose. They exist at a stage in which they can transform into any other type of cell, allowing them to become whichever cell is necessary to restore the tissue compromised by your heart condition, and they can even rally other cells to do the same.
In this way, bone marrow cellular concentrate (BMC) can help your cardiologist offer a non-invasive alternative to traditional open heart surgeries. Here’s how we prepare BMC:
- Your cardiologist or assisting Greyledge physician will extract four types of stem cells from your own bone marrow.
- During this extraction process, we’ll also receive a sample of progenitor cells from your marrow.
- We’ll then concentrate the cells into a single preparation customized to your body and your particular heart condition.
- The sample will then be reinjected into the affected area.
The abilities of the stem and progenitor cells found in bone marrow aspirate makes BMCC extremely valuable in allowing your body to reconstruct damaged elements of your heart, potentially without the need for surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are prolotherapy injections? Are they related to PRP for cardiac surgery?
Prolotherapy involves injecting a sugar-like irritant (dextrose) into an area where a patient is experiencing pain. Like PRP, prolotherapy is known to stimulate healing -- however, unlike PRP, it involves the injection of a completely foreign body into the affected area, as opposed to the patient’s own plasma. Greyledge’s preparations contain only autologous (your own) plasma.
What types of cardiac surgery are best supported by biologics?
Any type of cardiac surgery can benefit from the support of cell therapy, as PRP and BMC can assist in the quick, effective recovery of surgical incisions and other wounds. Additionally, heart transplants can be supported with the use of PRP.
I’m a heart patient who’s interested in cell therapy. How can I get my doctor involved or find a stem cell doctor near me?
Alternatively, you may be able to find a physician who has already partnered with Greyledge and is providing fully-customizable cell therapy near you. If you’d like to get started with one of the most innovative orthobiologics companies in the field, today.